Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hat #8 – Henrietta Hat

The Henrietta hat is a wave blue polar fleece hat with a black turned up brim. It has an eight-piece crown and a wide black satin band. I was thinking of the tall buildings from back home in Chicago and the detail on this hat echoes this feelings

Front view of the Henrietta hat with a textured detail off to the left side. I love the colors in wave blue, grey and black.

Straight pieces of wave blue fleece come up from the base of the crown with grey and black ribbon binding each one, studs give it the edge of a city. Makes me think of winter in the city on a clear blue day.

Working on my hat on the flight back home. I know that it makes no sense flying from summer to winter but I can’t wait to get back home. Landing at night in the city it is twinkling with lights, all laid out like a grid. Home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment