Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hat #7 - Gloria Hat

It’s already day 7 and the last full day in Arizona. I named this hat Gloria after my mother, hanging around with my father and her friends has made me think a lot about her. It is a large burgundy beret with the same color flower and wide fleece ribbon combined with dusty plum and a burgundy grosgrain ribbon. I was thinking of studding it up but I think that it looks better simple.

Front view of the Gloria hat with the detail off to the left side. It is a large floppy beret with a soft simple detail.

This soft mostly monochromatic detail combines straight lines and the ruffle of the flower as well as the different textures of the grosgrain ribbon and the matte fleece.

Saw some beautiful purple prickly pear cactus, beautiful variations in a monochromatic field.

No comments:

Post a Comment