Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hat #29 - Celeste Hat

I have wanted to work on fur hats and have been working with this vintage black Persian lamb coat that a friend gave me. The hat that I made before (the Ursala hat) was a two-part hat that you could Velcro the fur off and on. This hat is sewn with the fleece so machine washablility becomes an issue but I wanted to give it a try. It is really a beautiful hat.

Front view of the Celeste hat

Detail of Celeste Hat

This image is from last Sunday when I went skiing with my friend Barb but it really speaks to the day today. It is really about friendship. I made and posted my hat early today so that I could head up to Madison to see my friend Jean who is in town visiting her parents. The hat is named after my friend Celeste who I got a chance to see this week as well. I feel rich for friends and they are foremost in my thoughts today.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely photo I'm calling it... 'Two Dear Friends'. Best wishes. Catherine :)

    ReplyDelete