Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hat #21 - Ursala Hat


The Ursala Hat is a black Persian lamb hat combined with fleece. This was a complicated hat. I wanted to make a fur hat but I also wanted it to be washable and to give you more than one option, so I made a two-part hat. The fur piece is detachable and velcros onto the under hat of fleece. The polar fleece hat can be worn separately and washed if necessary.  The hook velcro is used as the detail in the front over a wide grosgrain ribbon.


Side view of the Ursala hat.

This is the hat underneath the fur band; it can be worn separately for a more casual look

Had a busy afternoon. I went up to play with the Roller Derby Lite gals along with my friend Laurie “Glass Kicker” Freivogel. It was a pretty incredible core and legs work out, good cross training for my swimming. I might just give it a try. Then caught a movie with my friends Barb and Malcolm, (The Descendants, I highly recommend it). So the hat-making thing went a bit late tonight. Still thinking of Downton Abbey, I guess and made this rather complicated hat.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Good designing for practicality and beauty at the same time. Hats off to the hat maker!

    ReplyDelete