Monday, January 2, 2012

Hat #2 - Becky Hat


Hat #2 - Becky Hat
Traveling from the great state of Minnesota I was inspired to work on a closer fitting hat with earflaps out all of the time. I used red strips of cotton T-shirt material that my daughter had been using to make finger knitted bracelets with her cousins this holiday weekend, wrapping and binding satin ribbon with it. Some interesting flowers came out today.

It was a long day in the car with a stop in Minneapolis and topped off with a beautiful road trip sunset. By 6 am I’ll be on a flight to Arizona and eating fresh oranges by noon.

Detail of the main flower of the Becky hat, with cotton wrapped satin ribbon. It worked well, much more 3 D and I added looping strips of fleece around the flower.

Detail of the side flowers of the Becky hat, with the red wrapped satin ribbon flowers. Reminds me of Coptic crosses, cool effect.

Road trip urban mural in Minneapolis.



No comments:

Post a Comment